Monday, April 20, 2009

Project 2 - Finished!



My self-visualization focuses on two very distinct aspects of my personality. As a Biology major, I enjoy science, order, and structure. I tend to think in a logical frame of mind and like reasoning and analysis of problems. The right panel in my self-visualization represents this part of my personality. I attempted to incorporate technology related images into this panel (merging circuits with the matrix), all while keeping the composition very linear. I purposely used a profile image of my head to compliment the piece’s linearity, and edited it to make it seem very flat. The left panel in my self-visualization, on the other hand, represents the creative side of my personality. I am a fine arts minor, so I enjoy being expressive and imaginative. This image is a combination of hand painted artwork and imaging artwork: I painted the paint splats with watercolors and scanned it into the computer to merge with an edited self portrait. I tried to give this image a very loose and organic feel. Because these two aspects of my personality are so different, I also used color to contrast the two panels. The right panel, for example, is mostly a reddish-orange, while the left panel is blue-green.





No comments:

Post a Comment