Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Self Visualization Concept

For my self visualization, I plan to focus on two distinct aspects of my personality: the scientist and the artist. As a biology major, I enjoy reason and order. However, as an artist I like to express creativity in an organic, unstructured manner. Therefore, my triptych will contain both qualities. This project will actually consist of five panels, rather than three. The panels on each end will represent each of the qualities described above. For example, the left panel will be very linear and geometric, while the right panel will be very soft and organic. I plan to use a highly stylized image of my body in each end panel as a part of the piece of art. I plan on focusing on the shape of my body as a whole to incorporate in with the images I create. The panels between the end pieces will be the same height, but smaller in width. These will act as a gradient between the two end pieces, as the geometric and organic elements mix. This will mirror the way I see myself; although I have these very distinct aspects of my life, I have found numerous ways to mesh the two, and to use them to compliment one another. For this project, I plan to work mostly with illustrator.

No comments:

Post a Comment